Wednesday 23 December 2009

Our Mutual Read - Victorian challenge

I imagine that this challenge - Our Mutual Read, hosted by Amanda, check out the blog for details of how to sign up - will cross over with the Chunky Books Challenge - the Victorians were nothing if not verbose! In the spirit of challenging myself, I'm going to go with Level 3 - 6 books written in the Victorian era, 6 books that are Neo-Victorian or are non-fiction.

Here are the details:

First off, some details: This challenge will run from January 1st, 2010 to December 31st 2010. And it is completely okay to double-dip, what you read/watch here can count on other challenges!

How to participate: email me or leave a comment to this post and I'll add you to the blog so you can publish your reviews/updates on Our Mutual Read. Also, I'll add your blog to our participant list.

Next, decide on what level you'd like to participate:
~ Level 1: 4 books, at least 2 written during 1837 - 1901. The other books may be Neo-Victorian or non-fiction.
~ Level 2: 8 books, at least 4 written during 1837 - 1901. The other books may be Neo-Victorian or non-fiction.
~ Level 3: 12 books, at least 6 written during 1837 - 1901. The other books may be Neo-Victorian or non-fiction.

Then, determine if you are up to a mini-challenge:
Period Film Mini-Challenge -- watch at least 6 films that take place between 1837 - 1901 (they don't necessarily have to be based on a book) and post a review.

Short Story Mini-Challenge -- read 12 short stories written or taking place between 1837 - 1901 and post a review.

As I said, I'm going for the Level-3 challenge, but I'm also going to be up for a Period Film Mini-Challenge. I love the Victorian era, so I'm sure that this isn't going to be a hardship - or perhaps it will? Perhaps my first read should be Hard Times...

0 comments:

Post a Comment